With the holidays just around the corner, we thought we would share a really great, quick and easy appetizer recipe that is sure to be a crowd pleaser. This cheese ball recipe is one of our favorites because it involves cheese (everyone loves cheese!), and because you can make it ahead and all the accompaniments for the cheese ball are super quick and not fussy at all. We chose to serve ours with crackers, radishes and celery sticks. You could also serve your cheese ball with crostini, or cucumber slices, or tortilla chips. Anything goes really.
Spoon Fork Bacon
Swiss and Green Onion Cheese Ball
Makes 1 1/2 cups
- 6 ounces Swiss, cubed
- 2 ounces Havarti, cubed
- 2 ounces white cheddar, cubed
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
- 1 tablespoon white wine (can substitute with vegetable broth)
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2/3 cups sliced almonds, crushed and divided
- salt and pepper to taste
- Place first 5 ingredients into the well of a food processor and pulse until creamy and mixture comes together.
- Stir in green onions and half of the almonds and continue to pulse.
- Pour mixture onto plastic wrap and tightly wrap into a ball.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Spread remaining almonds onto a clean, flat surface.
- Unwrap cheese ball and roll in crushed almonds until completely covered.
- Place onto a plate or platter and serve with crackers and crudité.